Sunday, April 10, 2011

beautiful things

our pastor is one of the most amazing women I've ever met.  she's doing a series right now called "beautiful things", and in light of where we are in life right now, its perfect.  sermon notes from today: 

ecclesiastes 3:11 (one of my FAVE verses ever) ~ "He has made everything beautiful in its itme.  He has also set eternity in the hearts of men, yet no one can fathom what God has done from beginning to end."

Beauty is subjective.
Our ideas about beauty can be terribly flawed. 
Beauty is not always practical.
Beauty originates in God.
Beautiful things inspire honor and admiration.
Beautiful things touch the soul. 
Beautiful things are born of sacrifice (I LOVE this one...the 'ouchy' ones are the best!!!)
Beautiful things point to a Creator and a Redeemer.

my mind couldn't help but wander after each point to adoption...because it is such a beautiful thing.  it is such a beautiful thing to realize that our salvation begins and ends in adoption as God brings us into His everlasting family.  what a stunning act of sacrifice and love.  i also thought of my marriage, my family, my mess of a life that He makes beautiful each day...

.i am overwhelmed by beauty

i know i've been posting lots of songs lately, but this one has SO ministered to me.  i love the words in the song:  "remind me You take broken things and turn them into beautiful..." 


praying for beautiful days ahead for you, friends...

No comments:

Post a Comment